As part of the Commercial and General Services Section, Division of Administration, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, the Conference Management Unit (CMU) manages and operates the United Nations Conference Centre (UNCC), Bangkok. CMU compiles and updates the calendar of meetings of the ESCAP secretariat and provides full conference services for calendar and non-calendar meetings as required. It also actively promotes the use of UNCC to other clients such as UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes, and external clients , on a cost-reimbursement basis, who are provided with conference rooms, all necessary conference equipment and services including reproduction and distribution of documents, audio-visual and technical support, exhibition space and logistics support, catering and décor, as well as office equipment and video-telecommunication facilities. For further information on standard rates for UNCC conference rooms and related services, please contact CMU at:
Telephone: (66-2) 288-1181 and (66-2) 288-1461
Fax: (66-2) 288-3022
Based on the requirements received prior to the meetings from the organizing entities, the following logistical support could be provided:
- Setting up of meeting rooms
- Seating arrangements at the rostrum and floor;
- Preparation of name plates;
- Signage (including digital signage);
- Preparation of conference stationary and supply.
- Assistance to the organizing entities in designing exhibitions and set-up of exhibitions, including panels (size width 1m x height 2m) with lights, desks/chairs and bookshelves;
- Setting up stages in Conference Rooms and Reception Hall.
- Preparation of backdrops, floral and other decoration
Audio and Visual Services
The following audio/visual support could be provided to the meetings held in the UNCC:
- Simultaneous Interpretation and Conference Microphone Systems: Five Conference Rooms are fully equipped with simultaneous interpretation booths and equipment, and mobile interpretation booth s could be installed in some of Meeting Rooms upon request. For detailed information on capacity and layout of the Meeting Rooms, please visit https://www.unescap.org/uncc/room-layouts.
- Presentation Equipment: Laptops and LCD projectors can be provided in all conference and meeting rooms as required. The screens are fixed in all Conference Rooms with proper sizes to optimize the visual effect. Laser pointers and remote clickers can also be made available upon request.
- Audio/Video recording: Audio recording can be made in all Conference and Meeting Rooms upon request. Video recording can be made in Conference Rooms where the camera system is integrated with Conference Microphone system. This can also be made available in Meeting Rooms as required. The video signal will be recorded on a MP4 format without editing.
- Video conference services: Please check with CMU for cost on video conference services.
CMU coordinates conference-related catering services for all events in the UNCC. Our catering and event coordinating services (through the contracted caterer) are ideal for any international conference, annual meeting, staff training, seminar, press briefing, etc. We can coordinate a variety of catering services for any type of function, ranging from a warm coffee break to a grand cocktail reception.
CMU coordinates and manages the registration process with the assistance of the organizing entities. Based on best practices adopted worldwide, CMU, in coordination with UN Security, processes photo badges for conference participants. The system enables more effective access control and speeds up the registration process. Registration for larger meetings can be better facilitated if photographs of the conference participants are provided in advance. In the event photos are not available, facilities are in place at the UNCC to take photographs on site.